What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering, entering, or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details about yourself and others to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect visitor information?
We utilize industry standard security and hosting to protect your data on our website. Whenever we require your payment, we process transactions through a secured third party.
Can I request a copy of my personal data, or request it be deleted?
Yes, you may. Please contact us
. Requests for copies or removal of personal data will be processed within 30 days.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process certain items on our website.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies there is a possibility that some website features may not work. If this happens to you you can always contact our office for help.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify an advertisement in some reasonable way should we ever send one.
- We include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- We monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We always honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly – in fact, they’re instant.
- We allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Dubuque County Fair Association
14569 Old Highway Rd
Dubuque, Iowa 52002
Last Edited on 2018-05-18